Admin

School History

 historic bldghistoric bldg

The original Lawrence School, built in 1900, was Arvada's first high school, which opened with two finished classrooms and seven students. In 1920 it was re-opened as Arvada Grade School. Through the years various addition and alterations were made to the building.

In August 1996, Jefferson County Schools celebrated the opening of an entirely new building following a 1992 bond issue. Originally, renovations, mechanical and electrical improvements were planned in the amount of $3.4 million, however during the design phase it was determined that replacing, rather than remodeling, the existing facility would be a better long-term investment. 

The school was re-named for Helen E. Lawrence, a first-grade teacher at the school for 28 years.


historic news page historic news page
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.